I am not an experiment. I am not here to be used. I am a thunderstorm and my raindrops are love. My power and beauty are mine alone. I dare you to touch me.
I dare you to use me like you once did.
1. You are a prayer in the most holy mouth. The space between clasped hands. A landscape so picturesque. Any angle, you are a reminder that magic exists.
2. Oh, they will stop and stare, you most divine creature with unapologetic skin and fearless features. Learn to take a compliment. Settle into being the center of things.
3. When you fall in love, let it be with a person who asks nothing of you. Your existence should be enough. If they do not kiss you urgently and often, find someone who understands that lips in the presence of love should ignite passion.
4. Keep a few great friends. When they tell you harsh truths, learn to listen for the love. Growth is necessary and annoying at times but look and you will always find the silver lining.
5. Buy the perfect shade of red lipstick. It, like the perfect black dress, are weapons; use them at will.
6. Stop hiding your tampons. You are a woman. You bleed. Grown people know this. If he is afraid of menstruation, he is not prepared to be inside of you.
7. Do not apologize for existing; for being yourself. Apologize when you are not.
8. If you work hard, ask for a raise. Find your backbone and attach it to your standards. You deserve the money that correlates to how hard you work.
9. Feed yourself kind words, chocolates, quality people, random first dates, solitude, orgasms, and books. You will need really, really good books. Live in the story of them.
10. If all else fails, repeat after me: I am enough. I am most certainly enough.
Natalie Patterson. (via larebellefleur)